Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Missing out as a Father

Titanfall and Dark Souls 2 will have to wait...

Silently biding my time
Life often gets in the way of what we want the most. The key to having a successful long term life is to put off your frivolous desires for what needs to be done now. It's all about priorities see? 

Now as a gamer my priorities are to get the best current games and play them, because that's what we do as gamers. We get the most popular titles in our media of choice and talk about them endlessly with our friends who most likely are also gamers. That's how our culture develops and how we connect with other people that share our interests.

Unfortunately as I said, life gets in the way. And no matter how much I wanted to play Titanfall and Dark Souls 2 they won't help me finish my homework, cook dinner, or contribute to my 40 hour week. Life has priorities, and unfortunately they don't share the same order as my gaming hobby. 

I've seen some other gamers put their life on hold to play these newly released games. Sometimes I wish I had the same time to do that. However I like my life, and how busy it is. It's not entirely in focus, and I'm not a YouTube star that gets millions of views. I do enjoy every facet of my life though, and I wouldn't give up time in any other area in return for the new release of a game. 

Don't get me wrong. I will get Titanfall, and Dark Souls. How could I not? They're some of the most anticipated games to come out this year and they fit right in with my interests. Dark Souls 2 is the sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, and I'm sure will provide just as challenging and rewarding an experience as its predecessor. Titanfall has you running around as a super soldier dueling with giant MECHS! 

I just wanted to rant for a few minutes and get it all off my chest, since I won't be playing them anytime soon. Until then at least I have twitch and youtube.

So to all my dads out there, stick in there and appreciate what you have until the lights go out and your family is asleep. Then have a blast until you pass out from responsibility induced exhaustion. 

The light always dies with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment